One tradition that I started with our little family was a Halloween themed dinner. I have done it every year since Bristol was born and have loved it. During my high school days, I went to family home evening at one of my friends home who had 7 children. She did this every year for Halloween for her kids for the monday FHE before the holiday. I loved it! I knew that was something I wanted to do for my family and have enjoyed doing it. This year we really went above and beyond and bought dry ice to make a witches brew. It was a hit! Our menu included Jack-O-Lantern Quesadillas, Bug Salad, Pumpkin Soup, Mummy Hotdogs, Mummy Pizzas and capris (just cause we love it). It was very yummy and we had a lot of fun with Bristol who was very excited!
This year for Halloween we went trick-or-treating with our friends, the Smiths. It was a lot of fun to get out there with the kids and especially with Bristol because she loves everything about dressing up like anything (especially princesses, though) and getting free treats! She was Tinker Bell and Burke was Peter Pan. I was able to make his outfit in a jiffy and they were so perfect together! (Even though a lot of people thought he was Robin Hood.. grr..) Regardless, we had a great time out in the 70 degree weather going door to door in a really nice neighborhood here in Greenville.
Bristol also had a lot of fun participating in her preschool/daycare Fall Festival, which is really just a Halloween party for the kids. It was good to see her with her teachers and friends and to play the fun games and get more treats! Just what she needs. Either way, we enjoyed this holiday this year and it was really fun to see her enjoy it just as much!
No comments:
Post a Comment