Pages

Friday, November 1, 2013

Burke is 5 Months

October 31, 2013
Dear Burke,

Today you are 5 months old. It has been a wonderful, exhausting, busy and crazy 5 months but we are doing great! You are becoming an amazing little boy with a beautiful soul that exists inside. It is starting to shine through and your personality is inspiring. We have had so much fun with you, especially since you are able to appease us by smiling all of the time. Bristol is still all over you, now starting to tackle you and wanting to play with you. You take it will stride and smile and giggle. Some new things this month:

-You have 2 teeth now! Your two bottom teeth came in this month. You were a champ about the whole teething bit and was only a little fussy. 
-You are yelling very loudly, still. It is kind of your thing..
-You rolled back to front this month. Very exciting milestone!
-Your favorite thing to do is to roll around the living room when placed down there to play. We will put you in one spot and them turn around and you are all the way across the room. You have masters the rolling bit.
-I am trying to teach you a little sign language, like milk and all done, and you laugh and giggle at me every time. Especially when I do it when you are nursing. It is pretty cute!
-You love laying in your play mat and playing with all of the toys, but you especially are intrigued by the mobile that is above you and you try to pull it down every time. Everything has to go into your mouth, even if you can't get it..
-You have found  your feet  and you cannot get enough. You constantly have them in your mouth, sucking on those little toes
-This month you went to a babysitter for the first time. You did really well, slept well and ate well. You also make me so happy when I pick you up because you know who I am and get really excited when I hold you. You burrow your head into my shoulder and giggle. I love this!!
-You said Mama, well, that is what I heard, but it was probably you just making sounds! I loved it regardless. 

Being back to work for about a week now, I have missed being with you every second of the day. But, with that being said, I do cherish the time we do get together. Even though this sounds crazy, I love the sleepless nights that I am up with you nursing because that is the time for us to
bond. It is a very special time for me, especially since I know it won't last forever. Thank you for coming into our lives and being our son. We love you so very much.

Love always,
Mommy

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...