Pages

Monday, September 6, 2010

Surprise! Sam turned 27 on August 17th, 2010

 

The good wife that I am, I threw a surprise birthday get-together for Sam on his 27th birthday this year. August 17th landed on a Tuesday so I was thinking we would have to make it a weekend event, but Sam's family and friends were more than willing to drive up to Park City to our favorite sushi joint, Flying Sumo, and surprise Sam for his birthday. I had baked Sam a cake that totally flopped, and what I mean by that is that I could not get it out of the pan without it falling apart. This happend in Miami too, so it wasn't the elevation. I know next time to use wax/parchment paper in the cake pan so it won't stick. I was planning on taking the cake up to the sushi restaurant, had it all planned out for one of his friends to stop by and pick it up, but it didn't turn out. Our good friends, Gary and Jess, bought one and brought it to the restaurant. We headed up to Park City and watched Inception. We decided this was Bristol's last movie. The first 30 minutes or so I was walking the halls trying to get her to stop crying. I missed a lot of the movie, but was able to catch up when I came in and did the hand off to Sam to get her to fall asleep. By this time she was calm and tired. He ended up spending most of the movie in the front of the theatre, walking up and down the side hall trying to get her to fall asleep. As soon as she would drift off he would try to sit down and she would wake up. His right arm was so sore after this.. poor guy. Then we headed to the restaurant where 11 of Sam's closest friends and family joined us. Scott, Mike, Chris, Cara, Brody, Gary, Jess, Russel, Amanda, Rhett, and his gf were there. It was so fun! and such a good surprise. Of course, being Sam, he is way too hard to surprise and he had some idea I was doing this. But, all in all it was a great night and the Sushi was amazing, as usual. We came home that night and were craving more!! Thank you all for joining us in this celebration. It was so fun getting everyone together!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...