Pages

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Bristol is 2 Months Old- 07/08/10

07/08/10
Dear Bristol,

You are 2 months old today. Time passes so fast and you are changing so much. You are such a special little girl and I am so blessed to be your mommy. Motherhood has been something I never expected it to be, it’s better. The love I have for you is indescribable. I love this new experience and I am grateful that you are such a trooper and allow me to learn with you. Your daddy and I have been watching you for these last 2 months and are amazed at how much you are learning and growing. It is such a privilege to be your parents, to take care of you and to give you all that you need. We feel so blessed everyday to be able to have you in our lives. You will always be so special to us.

This month you have done so many new things that have been fun to see you discover. You are learning day by day and we love watching you do so. The new things that you do are:

You have discovered your hands. By week 6 you were putting your hands in your mouth all the time. We thought it was just to suck on something but it turns out you now know you have them. As the weeks passed, you were able to find your ear and your hair with your hands. You use your left hand most of the time to do these things; are you left-handed?

You have learned to rub your eyes when you get tired. This probably went along with the fact that you found your hands, but now you do it all the time.

You love to smile and “talk” to us. We will just sit in front of you for hours making you smile and coo. Your favorite noises are ahh, ooh, and ahh-goo. It is fun to hear you make noises. Daddy thinks that you have now discovered that you have a voice and you love to hear yourself. As for me, I just love seeing you smile and talk to me. I love that interaction we have.

You slobber all the time. We first thought that you were starting to teethe, but it is way too soon for that. We then found out it is because you don’t know how to swallow your saliva, yet.

You love to stick out your tongue. At about 5 weeks daddy said he could stick out his tongue and you would stick yours out at him.

Your left ear sticks out more than the right. We think this is because you love pulling on your left ear with your left hand. Daddy wants you to wear the headbands all the time so that your ear won’t stick out. When he puts you in your swing, he makes sure you have a headband on so that your ear stays back. Sometimes the headband goes over your eyes; you used to get mad, but now you smile. I think you are just getting used to beauty being painful, or annoying.

You are getting stronger and stronger. You kick us so hard now and you like to move your arms and push at us, especially when we are changing your diaper.

When you make a fist with your hands, which is all the time except when you sleep, you put your thumb inside all your fingers. You never leave your thumb out; it’s so cute.

When you suck on your fist, you go for your palm. You love to suck on things. Thank goodness you have the binky mastered now.

You had your 2-month appointment this month. It was really hard for me to watch you go through getting all your vaccinations. You cried so much and I felt so bad. The doctor said you were such a strong baby. You weighed 12lbs and 11oz(95%) and were 23 inches long.(80%) Your head circumference was 15in(40%)

You are such a great baby. You are so calm and you hardly ever cry. We have taken you to 3 movies already and you love them. You like to sit on our lap and watch the movie with us. I think it’s because you love seeing all the lights. You love to look at lights; it calms you down.

You are still a good sleeper. You like it when I read to you at night; it helps you fall asleep.

This month daddy blessed you. It was such an amazing blessing. He blessed you with strength and courage. He blessed you to be an example to others and being strong in the gospel. He counseled you to lean on the people in your life, especially your family who is there for you, to marry in the temple and to have an eternal family. He blessed you to accomplish the goals you set in your life and to follow what you desire to do. Your daddy did such a great job. You had so many family members and friends attend your blessing. You are so loved by so many.

Bristol, your daddy and I love you so very much. We are here for you for whatever you need in life. You are such a special daughter of God and our Heavenly Father loves you so much. He has an amazing plan laid out for you. At this time in you life we hope you continue to discover yourself, to learn new things that will continue to help you grow. You are progressing so well, right on track with where you should be. You are learning new things every day and doing new things too. We are so grateful for our eternal family, and so happy that you chose to be a part of it.

I love you,
Mommy

(So I have taken a lot of videos but Sam thinks they are lame because she hardly does anything.. So if you aren't into lame videos.. don't watch this.)

2 comments:

Cindy said...

I just love reading your letters....such a beautiful thing. It really takes me back...I miss those new-baby days.

Aimee said...

She is going to love that when she is older. It's a great way to keep a journal for her. :) We need to get together again soon.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...