We drove out to Oregon for a long weekend to spend with our families and to attend another one of Sam's cousins wedding. Katy and Justin were married on Saturday August 7th in Tillamook Oregon. We left on Thursday night, right after Sam finished his last final for summer semester. Yay for him! He has completed his Physics class for Dental school, now he is just finishing up the last semester of Organic Chemistry and his Physics lab. We arrived in Tillamook at 2am on Friday morning. Tom and Tracy rented out a beach house in Netarts,OR, right on the beach and just a few minutes from Tillamook. The weather was exactly as expected in Oregon, misty and cool. It was beautiful, none the less. We had a great time being there with Tom, Tracy and Steve and we really enjoyed all the festivities. We visited the Tillamook Cheese factory, walked on the beach and took a beautiful drive back to Salem, along the coast. Tom officiated the wedding on Saturday, which was fun to see. The cake at the wedding was the most amazing cake I have ever had and that is a big deal considering I don't even enjoy cake. It was a poppyseed raspberry cake from Beaverton Bakery. If anyone has this recipe, please, please, please share it! Bristol turned 3 months that Sunday, crazy, huh? We spent Monday in Salem, well Bristol and I did, Sam, Craig and Tom went on a 26 mile bike ride on the McKenzie river trail in Eugene. I was able to catch up with some friends and spend time in Portland with my mom. On Tuesday we headed down to Hood River to see my family. We stayed that night and then headed back to Utah on Wednesday, I had to get back for work on Thursday. We had a great time in Oregon and it really made us both realize just how much we do miss being close to home. We love you all and it was wonderful to see you!!
Here are some pictures from the coast, more will come from the rest of our trip a bit later.
1 comment:
So fun to read about everything....keep it coming! BTW, I love the new fam pic.....Sam is awesome.
Post a Comment